Wednesday, September 1, 2010

pulling the trigger

oh yes i pulled the trigger. probably not the best expression (awfully suggestive of self-slaughter) but that was how the boss put it, one clever man when it comes to double-meanings. a career suicide was how he saw it and i couldn't blame him. he put me where i am now. i recognized how determined he was in convincing me that what i'm about to do is impractical, insane and plain stupid. one who quits his job without having landed another one yet definitely falls under crazy or dumb. he tried talking me into reconsidering my decision, which i appreciated, but despite the superb sales man that he is, i just didn't buy it. so pull the trigger i did and i'm now two days away from officially hanging my admin hat or CS headset, whichever is official. for him, my giving up the post didn't make any sense, more like kicking the bucket but i just saw it differently. he may have assumed i haven't thought it through well enough. things happened so suddenly as though my resignation letter was one huge practical joke and i was waiting for him to freak out. except i was serious, and his reaction, just pure shock. i immediately felt sorry. but the corporate world knows no emotion, or so tin said. i believe her. they'll get by without me. and as for me, stupid or not stupid i have to be where i have to be. with my family. end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment