Friday, March 23, 2012

change

April 6, 2010 i’ve never been a fan of change. huge drastic unexpected change especially. i’m more of a comfort-zone person who takes refuge in the comforts of my own familiar grounds. sudden change pisses me off. whether it’s a change for the better, or the other way. it’s just annoying. during my annual appraisal i got a 4 and 5 on everything, except adaptability. i faired 3 which is average. see, if someone were to toss me into the surging sea of change, i’d likely drown. except, perhaps, if given time to put a life vest on, if you get my drift. just like the next person, i would buy time before braving through whatever change is bound to come my way. it’s comforting to know that you’re prepared mentally and emotionally, even physically, right before tackling a huge change head on. i know it’s not always the case, it comes more like a shock and awe most of the time and damn if one could ever prepare for that. not just once, change has caught me with my pants down, grabbed me just when i least expect it. it’s inevitable and i can’t help it. hell, no one seems can. it turns mediocre people into exceptional and drills good people down the ground just as well–along with their inability to adapt or cope with change. change is either a friend or a foe, i dont welcome it with open arms. but hey, who says one has to embrace it or like it or get used to it? just like everyone else, there’s pretty much nothing i can do about it but to accept it and get the most out of it. how i managed to get by having this outlook in life is interesting. sudden change sucks and i do bitch about it a little but damn i give it my all afterwards. just remember, change could be a pain sometimes and it’s ok to grumble a bit, just dont forget to give it your best, you might just end up liking it, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment